Friday, November 18, 2011

Dress Your Age!


Picture via Style Rookie

I’m all for expressive fashions. I believe any and everyone has the right to dress how they feel. But, what happens when people don’t dress age appropriate? And is there clothing that is acceptable for any age? Yes, questions arise when you actually sit down and think about things.

A few months ago I saw an “Old Streetwalker” who will remain nameless. And of course the reason I knew she was a prostitute was because of her clothing, and the fact she was stationed on the corner of a street. The women was dressed in a tube top which exposed her over size belly and shorts which exposed a fair amount of her bottom half. My first thought was “Wow, she knows she’s too old to wear that.” Then I thought “Well if she’s a prostitute I guess she wearing the right attire”. As laughable as this may seem, the old woman really made me think. I realized that age isn’t a factor in a person’s dressing habits; it’s lifestyle. Lifestyle has influence over clothing. And I believe age should help a person develop a more sophisticated lifestyle and a sense of fashion. More class should be acquired with every year. People should be able to determine what is age appropriate based on their own feelings and their level of class.


Coco Chanel

1 comment:

  1. I’m nonetheless studying from you, but I’m improving myself. I definitely love reading all the things that's written on your blog.Hold the tales coming. I liked it!

    Thanks and keep it up.


    ---
    athletic shoes manufacturers - clothing suppliers

    ReplyDelete