Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year!!


The year 2011 served as the biggest learning experience for me.  I learned the true meaning of friendship. I learned how to cope with disappointments. I learned the value of time and the importance of staying true to one’s self; because trying to be something you’re not just wastes your time.

Yes, 2011 provided me with a lot of guidance for my future and taught me that change isn’t a bad thing at all. Starting last year off I told myself that I wouldn’t change a thing about me. I soon learned that I had a lot of maturing and growing to do in order to achieve any of my goals. What’s ironic about last year is I made more changes then I have ever made in my entire existence. I changed my field of study from marketing to fashion design. I changed my diet and exercising habits. I changed the way I handled conflict and controversy. I changed the things that I posted on twitter and facebook.  I changed my outlets for my emotions. I changed my expectations of people and learned that the best friend anyone can really have is God. 

So this year I decided that I wouldn’t be so closed-minded and I would embrace any changes that come my way. In 2012 I plan to enjoy what life has to offer. I have set a New Year’s resolution, which involves me being more patience and developing a balance for my life. As you get older life brings more responsibilities and finding the right balance can make most things better.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you for opening up your mind and embracing change!
    www.style4curves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have 2012 planned out really well with some great changes from 2011. Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete