Thursday, February 2, 2012

Black History Month is Here!

The month of February is truly an amazing month. This month marks the love of couples with Valentine’s Day. It is the month of my birth. It is also the month that Americans celebrate Black History.

Black History is important to me mainly because I am black. But, also because the people involved in Black History have contributed great things and have granted opportunities for people like myself. Because of the dreams of passionate Black Activist I have the right to an education, the right to vote, and the right to write on this here blog.  With that being said I recognize my commitment to sharing fashion and style on this site. So here is my list of the most stylish African American Individuals that have made important marks in American History.
Barack Obama

Image via www.wwd.com
Barack Obama became the first Black President of the United States of America after winning the 2008 presidential election. Attached with the authority to rule this country brought his presidential style.

Michelle Obama

Accompanying Barack Obama is his lovely wife Michelle Obama. Her history mark includes the role of being the first African America first Lady. She makes a conscience effort to know the best fashions and she wears the best designers of our time. I love her style.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin Luther King Jr. was a well-known activist that died because of his passion for bringing equality to the United States. I won’t lie and say I know much about the clothes he wore in the 1960’s but I can confirm that some of his images are rather charming.

Dorothy Dandridge
Image via weheartit.com
Dorothy Dandridge was an actress that I believe was stunning. She was the first African American actress to be nominated for an Oscar Award.  As you can see from her image she was beautiful and had killer style.  Her classic Hollywood look is extremely captivating.

Halle Berry
Halle Berry is the first African American Actress to win an Oscar Award for a leading role. Along with being an amazing actress she has captured the hearts of many fashion fanatics with her style. The dress she wore the night she won the Oscar Award went down in history as well. The irony is somewhat mind-blowing.

1 comment:

  1. I like Michelle Obama's style. She's so carefull & fashionable!
    :D

    ReplyDelete