Thursday, February 9, 2012

From Detroit to the Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference at Milk Studios in New York City!


Yesterday morning was a little stressful for me. I woke up and removed myself from my bed at 3am. I rushed and groomed myself and packed my massive purse and drove to Detroit Metro Airport. I was on a mission yesterday to get to New York City for the Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference (#IFBcon). I arrived at the airport at about 4:45am and to my surprise I didn’t have to do anything except pass through security because I printed my boarding passes the night before. There was also no need to check-in bags because I only had my massive purse. The reason I packed so light was because I only planned on flying in for the conference and then leaving and coming back to Detroit, MI.  Because the security was my only real obstacle in reaching my departure gate I was left with an hour to spare. This granted me the time to put on all my jewelry in the restroom and then to take a few pictures of myself for the memories.



After I got done with my restroom photo-shoot I went to my gate and waited to board my plane. At that point all the excitement that I felt since I had won my VIP ticket to the conference from Ana’s Contest disappeared. I started thinking of all the things that could go wrong. These negative thoughts ranged from the plane leaving for New York crashing into a lake and to the plane going back to Detroit crashing into a lake as well. I started to feel a little regret for putting this trip together so shortly. I started to feel like maybe I was putting too much pressure on myself to succeed in this world of fashion. The combination of not being on a plane since 9/11 and never stepping foot on New York soil was really getting the best of me. At that point I knew I needed a little reassurance so I called my mother. She gave me the pep talk I needed and really made me feel better about my decision to go to the conference.

When I finally got on the plane my fear started to go away and I keep telling myself that God wouldn’t give me anything that I couldn’t handle. That thought truly put me at ease. I got in my seat pulled out my book (Change Your Brain Change Your Life) and before I knew it I was in the air then in New York on my way to Milk Studios to connect with some amazing people. Amazing people; meaning stylish, polished, friendly, and creative individuals.
Me and Ms. Emily (Managing and Community Editor at StyledOn) she is one of  the coolest people I've met during my 21 years of life.
Me and Dominique were the winners of  Ana's Contest. 

The Style was amazing at IFB:

I switched my shoes. I think I like both shoes equally with this outfit.









5 comments:

  1. WOW!!!
    Gorgeous people there...Fashionistas a lot...
    I envy you!
    Congrats!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey that's me there at the end! lol
    nice meeting you at IFB Con
    you look great, I like your blog
    hope we stay in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your outfit girl!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your outfit ! You look great !!!!!!


    http://keep-it-coolandfresh.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looked like the conference was a blast!

    ReplyDelete