Monday, July 9, 2012

My Homecoming Dress Worn on July 4th!


I remember obsessing over what I would wear to my homecoming dance during my senior year. I also wondered who I would take as a date. After that worry had been removed by the arrival of the homecoming dance I was upset about something else. I was so mad because my date wore a mint green suit and I remember thinking that we looked like Christmas together. I believe my anger during my life of no bills and no adult-like responsibilities (High School) must have been a part of my adolescence stage. I imagine that I had it pretty easy, going through school because all I worried about was dances and homework. I wonder if that is one of things Katy Perry was thinking about when she was singing “Teenage Dream.”

But I guess I wasn’t wrong to a least think that my date and I looked like Christmas time because my mother stated my exact thought a loud. She also expressed that I looked like Wilma Flintstone because of the red and gold beads around my neck. But when someone makes a reference like that you can’t help but laugh because it is clearly not true. But anyone that knows my mother can expect her to say something like that because she is such a big jokester.

 It’s so funny how the things that are important to you during one sector of your life become completely and totally irrelevant in another. I say this because the dress that I wore to this homecoming dance sat in my closet for 4 years before I even realized that I even still had it. Now here I am 4 years later wearing this dress casually with a pair of cute gold Steve Madden sandals for my 4th of July celebration. I literally ate Bar-B-Q and watched fireworks in this dress this past Wednesday.


1 comment:

  1. Your dress is really cute

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete